Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Copic Sketch Marker Coloring | Using Colorbook Style Stamps for Coloring Practice

So a month or two ago, I found these Hampton Art Color Me stamps at a Dollar Store. I had seen these before at other craft big box stores but they didn't stay long. That was when the adult coloring hype was going strong! I thought for a dollar that it was pretty good deal and picked up the different sets that the store I was at had in stock. I did find them at a few places online and I have the links for those at the end of this post.





 When I bought these I did have a purpose so I didn't just buy them to have them. I want to use them as practice for coloring. I figured I could use them for all my favorite mediums of coloring and it will help improve my skills. This one was my favorite so I thought I would color it first. I stamped it on Neenah Solar White 80lb cardstock using Simon Says Stamp Intense Black ink.




These stamps are a clear stamp. I used a stamp platform to stamp it so that it would get a consistent impression. It did take several times to do that and even then it was still pretty light in some areas. I thought I would start off by practicing with Copic markers first which is why I used the paper and ink that I did. I wanted to focus on contrast this time and blending with my E markers.

After coloring the piece I cut the sentiment and fussy cut the stamp image, which was really easy since it's a rectangle lol. I used my Spectrum Noir glitter pen in clear over certain areas and on the sentiment die cut. Then I layered Glossy Accents over the top. To finish I cut a light gray piece of cardstock to layer underneath and adhered those to the red cardstock. Then layered the small strip of black and white stripes which helps the card fit on to a 4.25 in x 5.5in card proportionally.

This card has been entered into the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge <-------- click
Flower Power (The tulips count!)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge <-------- click
Anything Goes

Copic Sketch Markers Used:
W1, W3, W9
E34, E43, E81, E74, E77, E59, E17
R05, R39, R83, RV95 RV69, V06
Y00, Y02, Y23, Y38, YR02, YR23
G14, G99, YG67
B41, B91, B95, B99

Find the Hampton Art Color Me stamps here:
Amazon <-------- click
Ebay <-------- Click
Both have good prices and there is quite a variety of styles. Way more then just the ones I found. But if you have a Dollar Store near you I would check there, you never know.

Papertrey Ink Products Used:
Soft Stone Cardstock <-------- click
Pure Poppy Cardstock <-------- click


Below is a supply list I have compiled for your use. All links below are personalized links. By clicking on the below links you are helping support this blog, at no extra cost to you. But only if you decide to purchase a product I list. I only link to products that I love and use. This will not increase the amount you pay. Thank you so much for visiting and all comments are appreciated!

Blick Art Materials
Copic Sketch Markers Copic Sketch Markers


Simon Says Stamp
Copic SKETCH 72 PC SET A Markers AAAS72A Simon Says Stamp Premium Ink Pad INTENSE BLACK Ink065 Neenah Classic Crest 80 LB SMOOTH SOLAR WHITE Paper Pack 40 Sheets NH80LB40 Neenah Classic Crest 110 LB SMOOTH SOLAR WHITE Paper Pack 25 Sheets My Favorite Things BLACK AND WHITE BASICS 6x6 Paper Pack 01638 Concord & 9th YOU'RE MY HAPPY Dies 10384 RESERVE Tim Holtz Tonic GLASS MEDIA MAT 1914e Sizzix BIG SHOT MACHINE Gray And White 660425 Ranger Inkssentials MINI GLOSSY ACCENTS Glue Adhesive .5oz GAC27898 Crafter's Companion CLEAR OVERLAY Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pens SPECNSPACLE3 Tim Holtz Tonic Craft STAMP PLATFORM 1707E Tim Holtz Tonic Craft SCISSORS Micro Serrated Non Stick 817 Tim Holtz Tonic GUILLOTINE COMFORT PAPER TRIMMER 160E Memento TUXEDO BLACK MARKER Dual Tip Tsukineko PM-900 ZIG Glue Pen FINE TIP Acid Free 00779

3 comments:

  1. Oh my this is a lovely card, the colours are perfect and I LOVE that sentiment.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Have a great day x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card! Your coloring is beautiful, and that saying really fits your design! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome make with us for our Flower Power challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessica!
    This is beautiful. I'm a HUGE fan of PTI myself and always love playing along there when I can.

    I just wanted to stop by to say hello, and to invite you to come by and play along with us at Word Art Wednesday. Our prize this week is $25 to Winnie & Walter, and it would be a blessing to have you share your art with us. I hope you will join the fun! I always enjoy your art, your posts, and I would LOVE to have you fellowship and share your talents with us.

    Karen Letchworth, Blog Owner
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete