Monday, September 17, 2018

Out of this World Halloween | Lawn Fawn Beam Me Up & Pick of the Patch mash up

Hey Everyone! I'm back. Thanks for sticking with me. It's been quite the week. Some of you may know that we lost our dog, very suddenly. Like I said it's been a week but we are working to get back to normal and taking each day a little at a time.

For today's video I thought it would be fun to combine a bunch of Lawn Fawn products particularly the Beam Me Up and Pick of the Patch stamp and die sets. Honestly I've been looking to buy the Beam Me Up set for sometime because it's just so dang cute! With Halloween coming combing those cute little aliens with pumpkins was a obvious choice. Plus I added some glow in the dark embossing details.

Watch the video here. (Coming Soon)



Below you can find the products and a list of the Copic markers that I used for this card.

So the first thing I did was stamp out the images that I wanted to use from the 2 Lawn Fawn stamp sets. I chose the alien with the antenna eyes and stamped that one along with the pumpkins. I'm using Gina K. Designs Amalgam ink this time around. It's one out of three go to black inks I use for Copic markers and other things a lot.


I'm using various colors of Copic markers in shades of yellow and orange with a little red. To add some texture I used some of the darker colored markers to add small dots to the outer edges and to add the curved lines. Then adding some green to the stems I also colored the alien green and added the same kind of texture dots to him. For the scoop and knife I used a light tan, yellow and darker orange.

Then using the other two shaped aliens, that are smaller then the one I stamped and colored, I stamp those inside of two of the pumpkins. I had planned this out earlier so I knew that they would fit. I used a medium gray first then stamped them again using the Simon clear embossing ink pad. I covered the ink with the Glow in the Dark embossing powder from Lawn Fawn and then heat embossed it. I was thinking the gray ink underneath might darken the image because I wanted them to show easily in the light.



After the embossing powder had cooled I re-stamped and re-embossed the glow in the dark aliens. Then used a light yellow Copic to lighten the area inside of the aliens on the pumpkins.

Using the coordinating dies I ran those through my big shot and set them aside. Then using the second from largest die of the Reversed Stitched Scalloped Rectangle die (that name is sooo long!) I die cut the fun scallop window out of a Neenah 110lb card panel and set that aside.

I also wanted to create a background for the scallop window; taking a Neenah Dessert Storm card panel I used the Little Picket Fence Border and traced the bottom curve with a pencil and cut it by hand. Then I pulled out the Glass Media Mat and the Distress Oxide Black Soot ink pad. Using a Ink blender I smudged the black ink on a Neenah card base and a little on to the Dessert Storm hill piece. Then added a white splatter to the ink blended card base with Copic Opaque white, a acrylic block and a waterbrush.


Setting that aside to dry I heat emboss the sentiments with white heat embossing powder on to a piece of SSS Lipstick Red cardstock. I used one of the sentiments from Beam Me Up and another from Pick of the Patch, which I will also do for the inside but stamping those in black and using Wild Honey and Spiced Marmalade to stamp a couple of the pumpkins too.



Then I trim the red cardstock sentiments into long strips and also used the trimmer to cut strips of white fun foam to adhere to the back of the scallop rectangle die cut piece. I'm using multi medium matte glue for that and to adhere the Dessert Storm hill cut out over the top of the foam. Now I can add more liquid glue and also more adhesive with my ATG (yep overkill... that's ok) and attach those pieces to the black in blended card base.


To build the scene I start with the two pumpkins that have the aliens embossed in the glow in the dark embossing powder on the left. I had foam circles to the pumpkin with the separate top and place the copic colored alien behind that pumpkin so that it looks like the alien is popping out the top of it. I popped up another smaller pumpkin and added the other smaller elements to the scene.

For the sentiments I adhere them to the top right separating them just tiny bit. Then I added the some shimmer to the sky with a Gelly Roll stardust pen and glossy accents to the carving knife and the aliens eyes.




I think these stamps sets are super fun to play with and the Lawn Fawn glow in the dark embossing powder is such a nice touch that one can add to their cards. It isn't a very vibrant glow in the dark but it is noticeable for a short period of time after being in the light for a bit. Also I used a makeup brush to brush away the powder residue left over form the glow embossing powder and it does wipe away very easily.



Copic Colors Used
R08
YR27, YR04,
Y18, Y15, Y13
YG67, YG01
G14
E34
C1
00 Colorless Blender

Prismacolor Pencils Used
PC1065 70% Cool Grey


This card has been entered into the following challenges.
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge <-------- click
Lawn Fawnatics Challenge <-------- click
Something old - Picket Fence Border
Something new - Everything thing else 😁

 Below is a supply list I have compiled for your use. All links below are personalized links. By clicking on the below links you are helping support this blog and Youtube Channel, at no extra cost to you. But only if you decide to purchase a product I list. I only link to products that I love and use. This will not increase the amount you pay. Thank you so much for visiting and all comments are appreciated!


www.dickblick.com

Copic Sketch Markers



Shop Your Fav Brands at Scrapbook.com


Lawn Fawn - Clear Photopolymer Stamps - Pick of the Patch Lawn Fawn - Lawn Cuts - Dies - Pick of the Patch Lawn Fawn - Clear Photopolymer Stamps - Beam Me Up Lawn Fawn - Lawn Cuts - Dies - Beam Me Up Lawn Fawn - Lawn Cuts - Dies - Reverse Stitched - Scalloped Rectangle Windows Lawn Fawn - Lawn Cuts - Dies - Little Picket Fence Border Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Oxides Ink Pads - Black Soot Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Oxides Ink Pads - Wild Honey Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Distress Oxides Ink Pads - Spiced Marmalade Lawn Fawn - Embossing Powder - Glow-In-The-Dark Ranger Ink - Basics Embossing Powder - White Sakura - Gelly Roll Stardust Bold Point Pens - Clear Glitter - 2 Pack Ranger Ink Inkssentials Glossy Accents Clear Dimensional Embellishment .5 ounces Exclusive Sizzix Big Shot Machine Die Cutting Bundle - Nested Circles Hero Arts - Wagner - HT400 Precision Heat Tool Ranger Ink - Tim Holtz - Mini Ink Blending Tool - Round Fiskars - Razor Edge Easy Action Shears EK Success - EK Tools - Craft Tweezers Tonic Studios - Tim Holtz - Glass Media Mat Ranger Ink - Multi Medium - Matte - .5 Ounce Scotch ATG - Adhesive Applicator Gun - Pink - Uses One Fourth Inch Adhesive







Lawn Fawn PICK OF THE PATCH Clear Stamps LF1754 Lawn Fawn PICK OF THE PATCH Die Cuts LF1755 Lawn Fawn SET PICK OF THE PATCH Clear Stamps and Dies BLFPP Lawn Fawn BEAM ME UP Clear Stamps LF1597 Lawn Fawn BEAM ME UP Lawn Cuts LF1598 Lawn Fawn REVERSE STITCHED SCALLOPED RECTANGLE WINDOWS Die Cuts LF1800 Lawn Fawn LITTLE PICKET FENCE BORDER Lawn Cuts LF1379 Neenah Classic Crest 110 LB SMOOTH SOLAR WHITE Paper Pack 25 Sheets Simon Says Stamp Card Stock 100# LIPSTICK RED LR10 Neenah Environment 100 LB SMOOTH DESERT STORM  Paper Pack 25 Sheets Gina K Designs JET BLACK AMALGAM Cube Ink Mini Pad 4020 Simon Says Stamp Embossing Ink Pad CLEAR INK066 Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink Pad BLACK SOOT Ranger TDO55815 Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink Pad WILD HONEY Ranger TDO56348 Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink Pad SPICED MARMALADE Ranger TDO56225 Simon Says Stamp Premium Dye Ink Pad SMOKE Gray Ink026 Lawn Fawn GLOW IN THE DARK Embossing Powder LF1577 Ranger Embossing Powder SUPER FINE WHITE EPJ36678 Inkadinkado EMBOSSING MAGIC Powder Bag 05847 Sakura STARDUST 6 Clear Glitter Pens 57906 Copic OPAQUE WHITE WITH BRUSH APPLICATOR 053720 Uni-Ball Pen Signo Gel WHITE UM-153 Ranger MINI GLOSSY ACCENTS Glue Adhesive GAC27898 9 x 12 WHITE FUN FOAM 12 Pack 118711 EK Success THIN FOAM DOTS SQUARES .0625 Inch Thick 55-01045 Sizzix BIG SHOT MACHINE Gray And White 660425 Tim Holtz Tonic GUILLOTINE COMFORT PAPER TRIMMER 160E Precision Heat Embossing Tool Gun Hero Arts Wagner Ranger MINI ROUND INK BLENDING TOOLS IBT40965 Fiskars SPRING-ASSIST SCISSORS Micro-tip 04977 EK Success CRAFT TWEEZERS Precision Tip 54-04000 Tim Holtz Tonic GLASS MEDIA MAT 1914e Ranger .5 Oz. MINI MULTI MEDIUM MATTE Glue INK41511

8 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about the loss of your furbaby. Hopefully your fun fall card scene was great therapy for you! Thanks so much for joining us in the CTD challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was great therapy, always is.❤ Thank you commenting ❤

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous card Jessica :-) the little monster popping up out of the pumpkin is adorable and I love the background and frame, altogether fabulous!! :-)

    So sorry to hear about your pupster, they are such a huge part of our lives it is really awful when they leave us, sending a huge hug XXXX

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Lorraine ❤ They really are a huge part of our lives and we will always miss them. Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. This is just so clever and cute! What a wonderful take on our Old & New Challenge! It's absolutely genius. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, this is my favorite favorite!!! LOVE the carving on the pumpkins!! ha ha!! so clever!! and the alien popping up is just awesome! thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you Samantha! I'm so glad you liked it. This was super fun to make ❤❤❤

      Delete